10 MYTHS ABOUT YOUTH WORKERS
By Dr. Richard J. Krejcir
Youth Ministry is not comfortable! It's not easy! It is normal and okay to feel inadequate about your skills. Your confidence will grow the longer you do ministry and you will see how God can use us 'inadequate' people to do great things!
1. You must know what's going on in youth ministry at all'
2. You must have adequate training and be equipped to teach the Bible.
3. You must feel needed at all times.
4.You must always feel comfortable.
5. You must be one of the kids.
6. You must have plenty of free time.
7. You must feel secure.
8. You must be wild, crazy and dynamic.
9. You must be liked by all the kids and parents.
10. You must command respect from kids, parents, and the church staff.
So what are we to do? Seek He First, seek Christ and glorify Him as a Youth Worker!
Commitment to Personal Spiritual Maturity!
Every "student" counts!
Every "student" needs to be known, greeted, cared for -Love in action goes to their "world"
Faithful to my Lord's commands, I still would chose the better part; Serve with careful Martha's hands And loving Mary's heart...
The greatest youth and church relations builder since potlucks and free pizza!
If you are a typical youth worker you are dealing with frustrations with upset and even angry church members, and unsupportive staff! "Why did the youth mess up the kitchen?" "Why did the youth make so much noise in the parking lot?" "Why don't the youth ever do anything for us in the church?" And so forth…
Do you need an event that builds positive relations with your church folks? Do you need to get in good graces with the Pastor and Elders? Do you need to have a fundraiser yet are tired of bake sales and dog washes? Do you desire to involve your youth...